Friday, December 4, 2020

Winter Wonderland Step Card

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I finished my chemotherapy almost 3 weeks ago so I'm trying to do a little more. I still go for bloodwork every week and go see my Oncologist next week.
   I managed to make one Christmas card, for my 5 year old granddaughter. She lives in Florida and has become a little obsessed with Winter. During our many daily phone calls or Granny-o-chats (what she calls our video chats) she wants to hear all about Winter and snow, so I decided to make a Winter card.
I made a step card and used some cute background paper I've had for several years. It's a pretty light blue with shiny white dots that look exactly like snow.
I used a couple of dies that I purchased from Aliexpress, the cute snowman and the beautiful snowflake arch.
I cut two layers of plain white cardstock and one of white glitter paper for the snowflake arch, I glued them together and that was much easier than I thought. I then cut a piece of clear acetate and attached it for stability.
I cut double layers for the snowman and snowballs. I cut another arch of acetate for the snowballs so it looks like he is juggling snowballs.     I heat embossed the sentiments in a shiny red. Inside I heat embossed Merry Christmas in the same red.
     I love how it turned out! I was a little shaky after I finished it but it was nice to be able to work on an idea I had and finish it!
I hope you all enjoyed seeing my card.  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet winter card! That polka dot paper is perfect for your snowman, and I'm sure your little granddaughter will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, this is awesome! You haven't lost your design ability! Ruby will love this. I can imagine living in Florida she would love to see snow. We had our first snow just the other day. She'll treasure this I'm sure. Glad you are feeling good enough to create again. I've missed your creations. Prayers continuing for your complete recovery! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the layout and design! The snowflake border and snowman are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, Pam! I do love the step style and that snowman is so cute! I like the snowflake arch too! You have some beautiful dies, and this card is a showstopper! Your grand-daughter will love it! Glad you're able to do a bit more each day, and may you continue to improve every day! Will continue to include you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...