Friday, October 9, 2020

Chemotherapy Update

                                                                                      
Update. I have had a rough few weeks. The Doctor had to change one of my chemo drugs. He said it was a very bad drug and that most people don't get past 2 doses. I had 3. It started causing feet and leg pain and numbness and tingling in my feet legs and left hand. He said if they didn't change it I could lose loss of my feet, legs and hands and end up in a wheelchair. I've been having severe fatigue and shortness of breath ( I haven't been able to do ANYTHING) so yesterday when I went to have bloodwork and see the doctor they did some testing and decided to send me to the hospital for a CT scan after my chemo treatment. Well, they found that I have a bloodclot in my lung! The Oncologist office called me at the Radiology dept., and said they were calling in a prescription for a blood thinner that I have to take for 2 weeks. If it's not one thing it's another! The new chemo drug has to be taken 2 weeks in a row with one week off so I have 2 sets of 2 left. I'll be so happy when it's done!
Hugs Pam

3 comments:

  1. Pam, so sorry to hear that things aren't going better for you. I've been thinking about you and so glad to have an update. I do wish it was better news. I've been on blood thinners for blood clots. Never in my lungs though. Mine were in my legs. The blood thinners can take toll too. I'm glad I am now off of them. Prayers headed your way as always. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I hope you get some relief soon! (((HUGS!)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are going through this tough time! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...