Saturday, July 18, 2020

Cancer

I have not posted in a few months and there is a reason. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. From the time I went to my Doctor to the surgery was a 3 1/2 week span. It was all so fast and so scary. I had a mass as large as a baby's head and I didn't even know it. The day of surgery was very long for Dean and terrifying for me. Pre-op was 3 hours, surgery was 4 hours and recovery almost 3 hours. I was in the hospital for a week. I had a total hysterectomy along with the removal of the mass. I have a physical therapist and a nurse who come to the house. Dean has been wonderful taking care of me, cooking, cleaning. He has had to give me a shot in my tummy every morning to prevent blood clots. Thank goodness there are only 4 more shots. He also had to flush my pic line every day but that is gone now. I am exhausted, never been so tired. I can't do much of anything right now. It is not over, I have to have chemotherapy for about 5 months. It hasn't started yet and I am terrified. I know they will have to put in a port. It will make me even more tired and possibly sick and the doctor I will lose my hair. I have to say, I just want this to be over, to go away, I can't believe this has happened to me. For those of you who knew what I've been going through, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers! Please send prayers during my chemotherapy.
Hugs Pam

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this Pam. Prayers for you as your face chemo and virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ester, I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I know you do not know me personally, but I do care! Saying prayers for you! I am so sorry to read that you are so sick; praying for God to give you comfort and heal you! Be extra good to yourself and spoil yourself every chance you get. I hope you have things there that you enjoy that can distract you when you are feeling stressed or upset. Much love and blessings to you! You will be in my thoughts! So glad that you have a good husband to help you! Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very kind of you. Thank you so much. We just rescued two little kittens. My surgeon thought the was great and would be good therapy. They are we love them so much and they love to cuddle! Unfortunately our sweet kitty Clementine (15 years old) passed away about 3 weeks before my diagnosis.

      Delete
  3. Oops, I just realized I called Dean your husband, even though, you didn't mention what he is to you. Whatever he is in your life; I am glad he is there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much, and yes Dean is my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I am so sorry to hear about this disturbing news. There is just so much going on right now. You've always been on my prayer list but I promise to step it up and pray more intentionally for your remission. I've been so preoccupied with my brother being in ICU with coronavirus that I've missed out on a number of things. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God give your strength and comfort as you move forward with your treatment. Virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Donna! I have to say, it was such a shock to hear "you have ovarian cancer"! I start chemo Monday 7/27/2020. I'm so scared. I go every 3 weeks for 5 months. Then I will be checked regular for 2 years. Our precious kitty Clementine passed away 3 weeks before I was diagnosed. We just got 2 little rescue kittens, sisters. They are adorable and take my mind off my troubles. My surgeon said it will be good therapy to have them. I have not been able to do much of anything. Last week was the first time that I went into my craft room. I made Ruby a birthday card and yesterday I made a thank you card to send to the people that brought us the kittens from Florida. They have a vacation cabin in Lake Lure, NC and were coming here anyway so they brought the kittens. They were born in the wild at the college. Sara teaches there, she caught the two we have and a few days later caught another. There was one more but they never could find it. We love them so much and they are adorable.
      Again, thank you so much for you prayers.
      Hugs, Pam

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...