Friday, April 3, 2020

Mermaid Costume with Matching Tote

Hello everyone, I hope you all are hanging in there. I have lots of projects to work on so hopefully I won't get TOO bored.       My grand-daughter Ruby has been begging me to make her a mermaid costume so I finally did. They were supposed to go to Disney Princesses on Ice and she was going to wear this with a little sweater of course) but it was cancelled. She will have fun playing dress up in it though.
It was so hard to take photos of! I had to lay it out on the guest bedroom bed.
Here is the top. I added lots of bling because little mermaids like to sparkle!
Here is the tail fin with more sparkle. There is a strap to go around her wrist so the tail doesn't drag on the ground.
Hopefully you can see the fish scales on the shiny fabric.
And this is the cute sea shell matching tote complete with sparkle!
            I hope you enjoyed seeing this. I know Ruby will love it!
     Have a wonderful day and stay safe! Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs Pam

2 comments:

  1. Ruby would have been the Belle of the Disney show in this outfit. Too bad they had to cancel. I'm sure she would have loved the show too. You are so amazing with your sewing skills. Even though I have more time at home now my DH keeps pulling me into his projects to help so I haven't had a lot of time to craft. My mojo is kind of missing too which doesn't help. Hoping that may change soon. Tomorrow we have the twins all day. Trying to give their parents a break. Haven;t seen them all week so looking forward to it. Hope Ruby loves playing dress up in that fun outfit. Great job. Stay safe and healthy! Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your sewing skills are awesome! What a beautiful costume! I bet she will love playing in it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...