Monday, August 26, 2019

I'm Going to be a Great Grandma!!! Baby Quilt

Hello everyone, I hope you all are having a great day! It is finally sunny here.     I have been away for a while. As you see from my title that I am going to be a great grandma and you know what that means..... I will be married to a great grandpa! LOL!  Our granddaughter Alexis is expecting a little boy so we went to Florida for the baby shower. My husband went to the shower, stayed the night then came home because he had to work. I rode with Amy and Ruby back to their house and stayed for a week to watch Ruby while Amy got her band room ready for the new school year. I took Ruby to her dance class and to a Disney Princess Tea Party (so cute, all the little girls running around in their princess costumes). We went swimming a lot and ate out a few times. We did some shopping and went to the Vera Bradley Outlet where Ruby talked me into a flamingo print purse AND accessories (it is really cute and is a very popular print)! She didn't have to talk too hard, the big sale was 60% off and then an additional 20 % off! We played with her Disney Princess dolls and made brownies and I even made her Halloween costume and treat bag while I was there.  After my time there I went back to my stay with my granddaughter Alexis and her fiance' Christian's to help organize and help with the baby room. Alexis works for the Sheriff's Department as a 911 dispatcher and I got to go to work with her! I even had my own headset! Lucky the mike was disabled because it was hard to keep my big mouth shut! I don't know how they do it!  It did have the torrential rains, thunder and terrible lighting (the lightning was really, really bad) Florida has during the Summer. Oh well Florida IS the lightning capital of the WORLD!!!!! Some did a lot of damage to Christian's grandparents house (even with surge protectors)!!!
   Well, on with the other gift I made.
Here is the quilt. I had to lay it out on our bed to get photos. There theme is dinosaurs. 
I found this adorable dinosaur fabric at the Fancy Gap Fabric Outlet in Virginia.
I did the back of the quilt in this fun circle print from Hobby Lobby.
I wanted to show some of the other cute prints. Look at the cute dinosaur eggs with baby dinosaurs also from Fancy Gap.
   The quilt is sooooo soft and a good size for as the baby grows to toddler.
I had a wonderful time! Now maybe I can get back to some more paper crafting and sewing.
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

Hugs Pam

4 comments:

  1. First of all, huge congratulations on your soon-to-be great grandchild!! How exciting!! The quilt is so beautiful!! I love the fabrics you used!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family!! How fun to watch Ruby with her Disney Princess Tea Party and to go with your granddaughter to her 911 job!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! WOW!!! What a awesome quilt, Pam!! I love all the fabrics you used!! You did a awesome job!!! Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have touched my heart. You now my first love of crafting is Quilting. Too see you quilt tocuhes me in a special way. Cards, cclothes etc all end up at some point in time thrown out but quilts last a liftime and if handed down many lifetimes. What a special gift for the new baby. Everytime he snuggles with this quilt he will be getting a Great Hug from his Great Gramdma. I love the fabrics they are fun and perfect for a little boy. The way you pulled the colors to the borders, perfect. I'm so proud of you for taking the quilting plunge and REALLY, REALLY hope to see more of them from you in the future my friend.

    Happy you are back home, I missed out talks and even mopre happy you had such a great time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing quilt - love the fun dino patterns. And how wonderful that it's for a great grandchild - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...