Friday, June 28, 2019

Mermaid Doll and Clothes- HEAVY PHOTOS

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good day! It is soooo HOT here!   I have been busy, busy, busy sewing up a storm!   My granddaughter is having her 4th birthday in a few weeks (so hard to believe) and I wanted to make something special for her. She loves mermaids so I decided to make her a doll with some clothes and a special surprise, a mermaid tail! I found the cutest doll pattern from Simplicity patterns that had different hair styles and some clothes but not a mermaid tail.  Well, I decided to draw my own mermaid tail pattern and I think it turned out adorable! I also decided that I wanted a seashell top for the mermaid (all respectable mermaids have a seashell top)! I made 3 tops, 3 skirts, an dress and 4 pairs of shoes.
I just love her!
A little flip of her tail. I love the tropical print fabric!
She is such a little cutie! I painted her face.
I love her loopy little pigtails!
And her seashell top! I had some seashell dies and cut my felt out with them and used Wonder-under to fuse them to her torso. Then I used gold thread to stitch details and pink beads and one big pearl in the center. I then glued some gold sequins on for more sparkle! I love how it turned out!
Here she is with her new wardrobe. 

And for her outfits,,,,,,,  Here is a cute floral top and skirt with turquoise shoes.
A floral coral top and skirt with red shoes.
A cute sea life top and turquoise skirt with peach pom pom trim and peach shoes.
And a cute pink and white hibiscus print dress with white shoes.
Her tail goes on and off like a skirt so she can wear her clothes and shoes. 
           I also have a beautiful book about the ocean and it's creatures for her.
I LOVE how my little mermaid and her clothes and mermaid tail turned out and I know Ruby will too!                        Thank you for stopping by and have a great evening!


Hugs Pam

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is spectacular, Pam!! Ruby will absolutely treasure her!! The tail looks so perfect!! All of her clothes are adorable!! You amaze me with your sewing talent!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutley the cutest mermaud ever. Ruby is going to be so excited whern she opens it. The colors are awesome and love those pigtails. You have been really busy to have made her and all those outfits. Many days of play in her future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and lovely gift -- your grand daughter is going to LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Pam!! This is AWESOME!!!! Ruby will LOVE this doll and all the fabulous clothes!! Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...