Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2 Creative Chicks Challenge #10 "Anything Goes" Week 3

It's time for week 3 over at

Anything Goes
Wednesday, January 1
Ends: Friday, January 31

Sponsors this month are:
My Crafting Channel

Bakers Twine - Valentine Pack By My Craft Spot

REAL CAT FUR ART


Recipe:
You will need cat hair so brush, brush, brush away, your cat will love it!
A piece of felt.
A felting needle tool. I bought a kit for around $5.00 that included the foam base.
Two sparkly gems, the color of your cats eyes.
A ribbon to make a tiny bow.
Glue
A beautiful frame.
I went to the library and checked out the book pictured below. Crafting With Cat Hair  by Kaori Tsutaya.
Yes, yes I still go to an actual library and enjoy it. I like walking up and down the book aisles and looking at an actual book.
The book has drawings of cats in different positions or you can draw your own. Draw it on the felt, and grab some cat fur and your felting needle tool and foam base. Lay the felt piece on the foam base put a small amount of cat fut on the drawn cat and push the needle in and out repeating with fur as needed until you have a cat. Glue on gem eyes and add a bow. Frame. What a wonderful keepsake of your treasured kitty!
I need to make two more. This one is Clementine. I need to do one for Cricket and Daisy.
Hope you enjoyed seeing this unusual craft and I hope you try making a treasured keepsake of you sweet kitties!



Hop on over and link up your project today.

Have a Creative Day
Hugs Pam

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute. What a fabulous keepsake of Clementine. I need to make these one for each of my 3 cats. Thanks for the instructions and the name of the book. Love it.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so creative and awesome!! What a great project!! And such a fabulous way to honor your cat!! I hope you post the other two when you finish!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my stars, that is soooooooooooo cute and finally, something to make with all the accumulated cat hair! HA! I love it. I also go to my library on a regular basis and thankfully they have ordered all sorts of art books for me too! Bonus! waving from the snow flurry hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creative and such a FUN idea! I hope we get to see the other two when you are done!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. I love that you used your cats hair. Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...