Saturday, February 18, 2023

Good morning everyone! I hope you all are well!  It has been a while since I posted.   I had another major surgery four days after Thanksgiving. I had to have hernia surgery because of my weakened stomach from the cancer surgery. I put it off for a long time, but it got to the point it was necessary. It was supposed to be a simple surgery that would take 1 hour and then go home that day or the next. It turned into a 4-hour surgery (same as the cancer surgery) and 6 days in the hospital. My surgeon said I had 8 hernias and that it looked like Swiss cheese.  It was 6 weeks of recovery. I wasn't able to do anything!  No lifting, no housework, nothing remotely strenuous. I am so happy the surgery is over, but it was a very hard time.   I'm back to doing my normal activities now. 
        I spent a lot of time on Pinterest and YouTube and have learned a new craft to me. Foundation Paper Piecing quilting. I wanted to share a photo of my very first project. 
The pattern is called Bonita Bunny and she is a free pattern. I just LOVE how she turned out!!! You can also make it a boy bunny by placing the bow at the bottom. I sent this one to my daughter in Florida and am in the process of making one for me but in different fabric colors. It is just a mini quilt to hang or sit up at Easter.
     Thank you for stopping buy and have a wonderful day!
 
Hugs Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...