Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Embossed Sympathy Card

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well.  I just came back from the Y. I'm trying to get in some sort of shape.             My Aunt Pat (my Dad's baby sister) passed away Saturday afternoon. It was somewhat of a shock for us. She was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago and the Doctor said she had 6 months to a year and now here she is gone.  I made one card for her family and one for my  Aunt June.   I decided not to make one for my Dad. I am going to send him a thinking of you card, something cheerful. He is 94 and Aunt Pat was 70 (8 years older than me) so it has bothered him.
 I saw one on Pinterest like this and loved it.
 I used one of my Anna Griffin embossing folders for the top layer.
 The beautiful butterfly is from a DieVersions die set that I won from A Mermaids Crafts Blog-aversary (thank you Lisa, I love it)!
 I heat embossed the inside sentiment. I used a stamp and Versa Mark.
I learned a new technique watching Youtube. Embossing using any pen including ballpoint!!! I just wrote out the sentiment sprinkled on the embossing powder then heat set! WOW, what a savings! I used my Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen Marker to highlight the butterfly and edges of the leaves. A single pearl was the perfect touch for the butterfly.
       Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

Cardstock.
Silhouette Cuts for the mats.
DieVersions Butterfly Die Set.
Spellbinders Leaf Die Set.
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen Marker.
Gold Embossing Powder.
Versa Mark.
Stamp Sentiment for inside of card.
Heat Gun.
Pearl.

Hugs Pam

3 comments:

  1. I'm so gladyou dedcide to send you dad a cheerful card instead of a sympahty card. This is such a elegant card. Love the embossing and how you added glimmer to leaves and butterfly. The little touch of purple is perfect. The trick for embossing is AWESOME! Love it.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, Pam. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. What a beautiful card you've made. The embossing is so elegant and beautiful. The butterfly is a perfect touch...I'm so glad you like it :) Have a great evening, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, so sorry to hear about your Aunt, but what a lovely card to comfort your other Aunt. The embossing folder is so elegant, and the lavender mat looks so soft with the texture of the EF design. I've never tried the technique you mentioned, but what a good idea! Love the sparkle of the butterfly. Just a really pretty & lovely card. TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...