Thursday, September 15, 2016

Mountain Climbing Encouragment Card

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good day!      It's a bright sunny day here today.        I want to share an encouragement card I made for my oldest grandson. He has severe Crohn's Disease.  He is only 20 years old and gets very depressed because of this. He is soooo thin and lives with a lot of pain because of the disease. He goes for infusion treatments which are done by IV. If you believe in prayer, please pray for my Zachary.
Zachary loves the outdoors. Last year he went to South Dakota to be a leader at a Boy Scout Camp. They did mountain climbing while he was there. He couldn't go this year because of the infusion treatments.
 I love this adorable image from Bugaboo Stamps and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
 I couldn't find any mountains like I wanted sooooo, I drew and colored my own! I die cut the trees.
I love the sentiment! I thought is was perfect for the card!     Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Kraft, White, Green, Brown Cardstock.
Bugaboo Stamps.
Tree Die Cuts.
I hand drew and colored my mountains.
Clear Sentiment stamp.
Silhouette Card Cut.
Hugs Pam

11 comments:

  1. Your card is so cheerful and apt Pam and my heart goes out to your grandson.
    Prayers for him


    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, encouraging card for your grandson, Pam!! I love the design and the trees!! The mountains look amazing!! And the rock climber is so cute!! My thoughts and prayers are with Zachary. Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!! Loving it!! My husband's niece has the same thing. It is so horrible how skinny she gets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Pam, great design I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card and great sentiment too! Love that cute little climber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is sure one cute card. Love the scene you created. Zach is going to get w kick out of it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam this is a beautiful card and I think you did a fantastic job on the mountains! Bugaboo has some awesome images and you can pretty much find an image for almost anything. They are one of my favorite digital stamp companies and sponsors. And I also want to say that I am so sorry to hear about your grandson Zachary. He is so young and to be dealing with a beast of a disease like Crohn's, can be tough. I have sent up some prayers for him and I want you to know that if he needs anyone to write to or email, please have him write to me. I live in chronic pain all the time and I also have counseled many people due to depression and pain. I would be glad to talk to him if he just needs a person to listen and understand. From the personal side of it, I do understand. Hoping he is not too bummed that he couldn't go to the camp this year... but tell him to stay strong and hang in there... love to you both! Hope you have a good weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card, thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card of encouragement for your grandson, Pam. I LOVE the side step design featuring the Bugaboo Mountain Climber image. How have I missed this one in the Shop? Congrats on your Bugaboo win this week and thanks for joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one fabulous card, and how clever of you to use the digi and create such a very personal & perfectly designed card. Love the steps of the mountains, and I'm sure your grandson will feel so special to receive it. I had a friend who's daughter dealt with Crohn's, and it's got to be so hard for a youngster to have it impact their life. Lots of hugs & prayers coming his way, and so glad he can get infusions to help this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, what a wonderful card! I'm sure it will lift Zachary's spirits. I'll definitely be keeping him in my prayers. I love the sentiment. Perfect for this card. I saw you were the winner of a blog candy over at Kittie's blog. Congrats! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...