Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2 Creative Chicks - Challenge #17 "Decorate a Dish/Tea/Jelly Roll Towel"

It's time for another challenge over at 2 Creative Chicks.






Recipe: 
Purchased Towel
Muslin
Wonder Under
Drawn Design
Transfer Paper
Acrylic Paints
Paint Brushes
Sewing Machine

 For my towel I purchased a plaid towel at Dollar Tree for $1.00 (I really love the the pretty plaid). I cut a piece of muslin a little wider than the towel, I drew out my design and transferred it to my muslin. I hand painted the design with acrylic paint and when dry I heat set it with the iron, (acrylic paint is permanent when dry). I then used Wonder Under  to attach the painted muslin piece to my towel and then I machine stitched all around the edges of the muslin.

I love how my towel turned out, I my just have to make some more for the Holidays.


Onto the challenge info. Hop on over and link up today.
Friday, August 1
Ends: Sunday, August 31


Hugs Pam

5 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on this. The hand painting is perfection. Love the shading.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wow! I love how you took that towel up a notch with your beautiful and creative painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh, what a wonderful gift this will make! I absolutely love it!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is awesome Pam! I love the design which you painted just perfectly! What a GREAT gift idea!
    Fantastic job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this post, Pam :/ The towel is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the hand painting!! It looks amazing!! This is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...